Tapered Dinner Candles 245mm x 24mm (120) 12 x 10 boxDC06WR
- Candle Burning Guidelines
Delivery & Returns (UK Only)
How much will my delivery cost?
All courier deliveries are charged by their total weight excluding outer packaging. Please see the breakdown of prices below: (All prices include VAT)
|< 0.99 kg||£3.95|
|1 kg – 4.99 kg||£4.95|
|5 kg – 9.99 kg||£5.95|
|10 kg – 19.99 kg||£6.95|
|20.0 kg – 29.99 kg||£7.95|
|30.0 kg – 39.99 kg||£8.95|
|40.0 kg - 59.99 kg||£9.95|
|60.0 kg - 79.99 kg||£10.95|
|80 kg - 149.99 kg||£24.95|
|> 150 kg||£49.95|
Free Shipping on church consumables when spending over £150.00 although some items may be subject to packing or shipping charges such as large, heavy or fragile goods.
We operate a delivery service in the Southwest based on order value, rates as follows.
|£29.99 - 49.99|
|£50 - £99.99|
|£100 - £149|
When you place your order you will be given the choice of courier or Local Delivery. If you opt for Local Delivery we get in contact to arrange a convenient date/time to delivery your order. Please use the 'Notes' field in shopping cart to provide your delivery preferences such as office opening hours, preferred delivery days, safe places to leave goods, etc
Fragile Goods & Liquids
Certain goods such as wine, candle oil, glassware and other fragile items have to be sent on premium delivery services to ensure they are handled with more care and attention. Orders over £150 will trigger free shipping. The rates for fragile goods are as follows:
|0 - 4.99 kg||£6.95|
|5 kg – 9.99 kg||£7.95|
|10 kg – 19.99 kg||£8.95|
|20 kg – 39.99 kg||£10.95|
|40.0 kg – 59.99 kg||£14.95|
|60.0 kg – 125 kg||£24.95|
How long will it take to receive my order?
Orders are dispatched within 1-3 working days unless the item or order contains made-to-order products or is out of stock. If an item is out of stock we will suggest an alternative product or advise when the item will be in stock.
Our couriers attempt to deliver goods twice after which they are returned to our warehouse. To avoid orders being returned it is advised to provide a safe place for goods to be left securely or select a delivery address where someone will be available to receive the goods.
What is your returns policy?
All orders should be examined within 3 days of delivery. If incorrect or broken we will arrange for replacement and collection. If incorrect goods are ordered then return of these goods is the responsibility of the customer.
Goods returned to us in a bad condition may be subject to a restocking charge.
Guidelines for the Burning of Altar Candles
Candles should be stored in a cool, dark environment, horizontally and away from direct sunlight and extreme changes in temperatures. Ideally, candles should be used within 2 years of purchase.
When lighting a candle remember these important checks:
1) Ensure the candle is on a level, stable surface and is sufficiently secured into its holder.
2) Before lighting ensure the wick is not twisted and trimmed to 1/2” in length if longer and is standing upright.
3) Always use a proper lighting taper or lighter as this will prevent any unwanted debris falling into the candle wax which can result in burning problems.
4) When re-lighting a candle ensure there is no debris in the wax and that the wick remains in an upright position.
5) Should a candle burn with a small flame, extinguish it and once cooled but arm, scrape away the top of the candle until sufficient wick is veiwed.
6) To extinguish a candle, do not blow the flame as this can result in wax splashing out of the wax pool. A candle snuffer can be purchased from DM Hay but be careful not to damage the wick when using a snuffer.
7) Draughts can considerably affect the burning of a candle but can also be unavoidable. DM Hay sell candle caps but these are designed to aid the burning of made to order 25% beeswax and sterine Candles where the wax is harder to hold the cap. Please call us to discuss any requirements and sizes of these, or view on our website at www.dmhay.com
8) Hot water should be used to clean wax from metal, glass or ceramic holders but care on some coloured glass holders not to remove the colouring.
9) Be aware not to burn candles too close to flammable items with a suggested two feet vertical clearance between the flame and material or surface.
EXTREME CARE MUST BE TAKEN AT ALL TIMES TO
ENSURE THAT CANDLES ARE BURNT CORRECTLY AND IN SAFE SURROUNDINGS. NEVER LEAVE BURNING CANDLES UNSUPERVISED.
At DM Hay we recycle used or partly used candles to prevent them going to landfill. Put them to one side and get in contact and if you live in the Southwest we'll collect them. We are also leading a national campaign to collect and recycle candles so please get in contact if you'd like to get involved.